Thursday, June 14, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 202

Sometimes you just need to get in bed and read a good book! Camping out in front of the television night after night just doesn't work for me. I have my coach potato tendencies but I do like to mix it up a bit. Mostly, I will either go out in the hot tub or go down in my studio and do some creating but every once in a while a good book crosses my path. Several family members recommended 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult. If a book doesn't grab me in the first 20 pages it isn't going to make it. Okay, this one has me hooked. I am to the point now where I want to read more to see what's going to happen. I am praising the Lord for the gift of writing that he has given to some people. Words can take you somewhere other than your own reality, make you think and inspire you. The bible does this for me everyday giving me words of wisdom, words of inspiration, words that make me think and takes me to a place with just me and my saviour. I wanna go back to it again and again because it gives me something every time. Thank you Lord for your words and for using others in their writing to bring out truths about you.

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night

No comments:

Post a Comment