Saturday, June 2, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 190

People at my work having been talking about the negative path the new owners have taken us on. One co-worker was complaing this week how she was ready to walk out. Others have been searching for new jobs, polishing their resume's and just coping the best they can with the workload that has been put on us all without further compensation. I spoke with a co-worker at the end of the day as we were leaving and she needed to vent so I let her. She made the mistake of not taking a job she was offered because they wouldn't give her two weeks so she could quit without leaving her fellow co-workers with more crud piled on us. She won't make that mistake again. I told her I would have no hard feelings and would be glad she found something else that will hopefully end up being better than our current situation. I am learning slowly but surely that I just need to keep my mouth shut and my ears open. No need to give them a reason to let me go before I am ready to be let go. My wise husband says it's better to get a job while you still have a job. He is right, of course. So, I am thankful to him for being my listening board and giving me some good wise advise. Have you been in a situation that made you want to vent? Vent to God and a trusted spouse about what's going on.
Proverbs 10:19 When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment