Friday, June 22, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 210

Nobody ever talks about the emotional side of getting old. I think when your body starts not cooperating and is not like it use to be, it can be a bitter pill to take. There is a grieving process that you end up in. Greiving for the body and capablities you once had. In the midst of the grieving, I grabbed onto words from a song by Jeremy Camp, "there will be a day with no more pain, no more tears, no more fears". The hope of what's to come pulled me through another bout of old-age grief. I am forever thankful to God for the gift of Jesus and the hope of what's to come in heaven. He is a light at the end of our journey in the latter part of our lives that can take away the darkness. I will keep looking to my hope.
John 16:20 I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices.  You will grieve but your grief will turn to joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment