Tuesday, June 12, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 200

Standing up for yourself and others is something that many of us don't do very well. Off the top of my head, I think it's probably the whole fear of what others will think thing coming into play. I have seen and read a couple of things in the last day that remind me that standing up for your beliefs, a person, yourself, etc is something we all need to do but don't always do. I saw it last night on the Bachlorette. Yes, I watch that show and I don't care what you think. The bachlorette is a single mom of a 6 year old daughter so there is a dynamic to the show that has not been there before. One of the men commented to the other men that she has baggage, referring to her daughter. Only one of them ended up going to her and telling her what happened because he too is a father and wouldn't want anyone saying such things about his son. She did a great job of standing up for herself and her daughter and booted the guy off the show. She said she felt she lost trust in them all because only one spoke up. I understood her feelings but was happy to see she got past that once she talked with each of them some more. Courage is rare and should be celebrated. We should be inspired ourselves to stop thinking and just do the brave thing. I am praising the Lord for showing another example of being able to stand up for yourself or someone else and be able to forgive those who don't.

Exodus 14:13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid.  Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today."

No comments:

Post a Comment