Thursday, May 31, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 188

I had some photos already printed from our Memorial Day in 2011. We went to Territory Days which is a street fair that happens every year over Memorial Day weekend. Last year they had a petting zoo. So, with my animal loving daughter, we went in to feed the animals. There was one little goat that was being a little shy which is unusual for goats. Faith took a real liking to this little one. These photos got me thinking about the concept in the bible of feeding the hungry. So, I searched and found a verse about Jesus telling us to feed his lambs. Hungry is not just in the physical sense, is it? I think since the day we are born we are hungry for knowing if there is a higher power who created us and all of it. I found it interesting that Jesus says to feed the "lambs" and take care of my "sheep".  Lambs, as we all know, are baby sheep. Jesus was telling us to feed the children.  Children are like sponges and will soak up whatever you expose them to. We should be in the word everyday with them, feeding them from the Word of God. Are the children in your life being fed?
John 21: 15 Jesus said, "Feed my lambs." "Take care of my sheep."

No comments:

Post a Comment