Saturday, May 19, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 176

As my daughter and I soaked in the hot tub last night, I looked into the sky and found I couldn't see any stars. Maybe it wasn't quite dark enough yet, or maybe its some haze from the fire up north in Ft Collins but I got caught up in this feeling like I would never see the stars again.  Than, I caught a glimpse of a star and felt relieved to see it.  When I moved my position in the hot tub, I found the bright star that I always see. It was in the same place but I wasn't, the Earth wasn't. The stars are like God, always there whether we can see them or not.  It is where we are that determines if we see God in our lives. Are you truly committing to focusing on the Lord in your life or are you letting the day to day and the challenges of life turn your focus away from the Lord. Everything is a choice. You have chosen to believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God who came to the world and took on our sins on the cross and conquered death. But have you chosen to committ to focusing on the Lord.  Whether it is with prayer, worship, songs of praise, reading the bible, participating in a bible study, memorizing scripture or anything that makes your focus on the Lord, have you committed yourself to consistently doing it? I committed to doing this praise challenge on my blog for a year and have found it to be an incredible compass that points me in the direction of the Lord. Find your compass that you can committ to doing everyday and let the blessings of the Lord raining upon you.
2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment