Thursday, May 24, 2012

365 Days of Praise-Day 181

It's amazing how a simple compliment from a stranger can fill up your tank! I deal with so many alarm companies everyday who are often frustrated, angry or confused for various reasons but every once in a while I get to talk with an alarm company that is new to us and who doesn't know how anything works in their jurisdiction. I think that in the past alarm companies were given the alarm company packet and were left to completely figure it all out themselves. Since becoming the alarm company liason for the company, I have taken this aspect more to heart and given them some good highlights and tips on what they need to do to comply with the law. Yesterday, the alarm company ended our conversation with, "you're a sweetheart." I hung up the phone and pronouced to all co-workers within hearing he called me a sweetheart. It really did fill up my tank. Encouragement and words of praise are a wonderful ways to build up people which is what God wants us to do. Do you voice your compliments, encouraging thoughts and praise to the people around you that need to hear it? Thank you Lord for the gift of words that can build us up. Amen.
1Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment