Monday, May 7, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 164

I have to confess, I am not a crowd kind of person. It could be because of my audiotory issues and trying to have conversations with so much other noise going around is very challenging. I did my best at the kick-off yesterday at the Church of All Nations and I am trusting God will lead the women he wants to bring to this bible study at this time. I think my biggest revelation was just how out-of-shape I am. Standing for any length of time had my back muscles hurting. So the morning was good but exhausting. I drove home with the radio off, got a movie moving going on the TV, crawled into bed and proceeded to miss most of the movie because I fell asleep. Since I was at the church all morning, I went in and listenend to both sermons. It was interesting to hear the pastor talk about a different story than in the first sermon that still made his point. The one story he did tell in both sermons was about how he learned how to temper steel. He made something out of steel and thought it was finished but was told by the teacher that it needed to be tempered. Steel before it is tempered is very brittle. To temper it you have to put it to two extremes over and over again. It is dipped in something hot and than is shocked by dipping it into cold oil. Like the Lord does with us, we are be tempered. When the steel is finally tempered enough, it is so strong it can cut other steel. The Lord is pouring steel into us and we are being tempered through our extremes, our trials and tribulation. In the end, God is making us stronger and more equipped to do his will. So, when those extremes of life hit you, look to the Lord and know that he is making you stronger and preparing you.
Phillipians 4:13 I can do everything through him who give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment