Sunday, May 20, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 177

Expectations can let you down but in the end what happens is all part of God's plan. My first workshop meeting at Church of All Nations was yesterday and only my friend Julie showed up. I knew about a couple of them but the rest had not communicated to me so I don't know what happened. I felt a little teary-eyed about it at first but than just got started with Juile and we had a good time discussing the scriptures and learning more about each other. In the end, God has solidified for me the direction I should take with this ministry. There are hurting people out there that would greatly benefit from a group of others who are going through the same things. They would be able to look to God  in the scriptures and be in community with others while creating their faithbook pages. It is a form of art therapy. So, I am now compiling a list of the kinds of groups of people that could benenfit from doing faithbooking bible study workshops. Here's my list so far: mother's of preemies, mother's of children with disabilities, mother's of children with mental health issues, women facing cancer, women dealing with grief, women dealing with family member with alzheimer, and women dealing with abuse. There are more that can be on this list. If you think of any, let me know. I know that in many cases women cannot participate because of the cost. I have kept the cost down as much as possible but there will always be women that cannot afford to do it. I know there is a way to help these women to but I am not sure how to go about getting the funding for women who can't afford to do it. Perhaps, I need to become a non-profit? It's a mystery to me at this point and one that will take some research. If you have any ideas about this please talk to me about them and help me find the way to help women that can't afford it. Thank you Lord for giving me the gift of creativity and being able to share it. Continue to lead me where you want me to take it and use my friends and family to help me figure out the details. I know you will open the doors and I will keep my heart open to seeing them. Amen.
Ephesians 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment