Wednesday, May 9, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 166

I was curious about this book of Philemon because it was not a book that I have gone to maybe ever except during my reading through the bible years I did with some family members. The book is just the one chapter and it was open to the beginning where the quick studyis so in my hazy needing caffeine mind, I read the quick study. One of the things that stood out to me was that it was a letter from Paul to a Christian businessman and owner of the runnaway slave this chapter is about. I started thinking about how many letters Paul wrote to people that are now part of the bible. These letters were inspired by God and He gave Paul the words that have probably worked the hearts of an untold number of people. The power of the written word is a great thing especially if it is God-given. Our culture now has gotten away from the letter writing due to technology and yet I still see stationary being sold and the post office is still in business but that may not last much longer. Perhaps it's time to go back to that way of communicating... My communication to far-away family is very lacking so I think it's time to committ myself to writing some letters. Take a look Paul's letter to Philemon today and maybe you too will be inspired.
Philemon 25 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment