Monday, July 30, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 248

I love surprises, the unexpected, the I didn't think of that one moments. With those surprises come joy, smiles and excitement. We got a couple unexpected blessings on our trip out to Alamosa. We did the driving tour of the Alamosa Wildlife Refuge. It turned out to be mostly birds which was kind of poetic timing since we just saw a movie about birding recently. This refuge is a wetlands so there are lots and lots of cattails. I wanted to get out and take a photo of one and did so but it turnd out my handy-dandy i-phone had switched to video mode on me with my knowing it. I didn't want a video of a cattail! So, right at the end of the tour I spotted another lonely cattail by itself and said stop the car. I got out and to my surprise there out in the grassy reeds was a deer. I think my own excitement over spotting a deer got the deer on the move and that's when the unexpected showed up, a baby deer. We watched with awe as they bounced through the grass away from us with their white tufted tails. It was the perfect end to our drive through the refuge and never would have been seen if the first cattail photo hadn't been a video! The next day we took a drive over to the the Alamosa Ranch and walked beside the large pond. We were enjoying the atmosphere and throwing rocks in the water when I spotted a deer coming out of the island full of tall grass and cattails and start swimming across the pond to the shore. How totally cool was it to see not just a deer standing there but doing something unexpected. I love the unexpected blessing of feeling God in our midst through his creation. Thank you Lord for sharing with us these unexpected moments with your creation.
2 Chronicles 1:11-12 God answered Solomon, “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked possessions, wealth, honor, or the life of those who hate you, and have not even asked long life, but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself that you may govern my people over whom I have made you king, and knowledge are granted to you. I will also give you riches, possessions, and honor, such as none of the kings had who were before you, and none after you shall have the like.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment