Monday, July 9, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 227

Huzaq, Huzaq, Huzaq! This is Hebrew for Be Strong and Courageous. It's been in my head since our sermon yesterday. Our new pastor, Graham Baird, started a new series about Crossing the River based out of the book of Joshua. He said we are all at this point in our lives crossing a river of some kind, whether it is from being single to being married, unemployed to employed, etc. We have to ask ourselves, "what river am I about to cross or what river am I crossing?" I know a river I want to cross is from current employer to new employer but I haven't had the motivation. I am grateful for the job I have especially considering the state of unempoyment in our country but that doesn't mean I can't want more for myself or especially can't go where God is calling. I have been praying for a job with a Christian organization and have found an opportunity that is speaking to me. This sermon about being strong and courageous couldn't have come at a better time. There are no coincidences. It is God. So, I am motivated to just go for it and will see what God has in store for me. What will the other side of that river look like? Whether it's a new job or not, having God on my side and the Holy Spirit within me giving me strength and courage is the part I will rejoice.
I would love to hear about the river you may be crossing or about to cross. Please share and be blessed.
Joshua 1:9 (The Lord said to Joshua son of Nun...)  "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment