Sunday, July 8, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 226

Both my kids are rebelling big time against me taking any photos of them. I've got a very precousious 9 year old and a much bigger than me 15 year old so it takes some determination to get any photos done. I can't help that I love taking pictures. My hubbie says it makes mom happy and we want to keep mom happy. LOL! It's just one of those things in life that bring me joy, something I love to do. We all have those things like curling up in bed with a good book or having coffee with a friend or making cakes, quilting or scrapbooking. Most of them are solitary things to do but there are a few like my photo taking that can include the participation of others. You can't make anyone do what they don't want. We all have choices. My kids can choose to make faces rather than smile or stick out there hand or turn-away quickly but in the end I still get a joy from doing it and laugh at some of the results. Being in the bible can be like this.... You can read it and feel joy but also feel at times the negative faces made or the hand in the face moments when you come upon something that can make you feel uncomfortable, something that may uncover the sin you have been hiding away or baring the hurts from your past. And just like my photo taking of my kids with their attitudes gives me some fun results, being in the Word will do the same for us. I like to think of it as my therapy time with God. We all need therapy. We just have to admit it and do it. Get in the Word and have some therapy today and enjoy the results.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be equipped for every good work.


No comments:

Post a Comment