Sunday, July 22, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 240

It was only one day after the masacre up in Aurora at the movie theater when my daughter asks, "can we go see a movie?"  I had already said a week or so earlier we would go see Ice Age-Continental Drift and with nothing else planned for our day I knew it was the day to do it. Was I feeling a little wary about it? Of course! But I had to show my daughter that we cannot let our fears control us. We must move past them and conquer them with God's help. It was unerving to see a couple of police in the lobby at the movie theater but at the same time it was comforting to know that they were being precautious. If the breif stuff I saw about this tragic event on the news could ellicit fears in me, I can't even imagine how the people who were there and survived are feeling. I am thankful to God for helping me conquer my little fear and am praying he will help the survivors of the movie theater mascre to conquer their own fears. I like this quote I found about fears, "feed your faith and your fears will starve to death", author unknown. Drink in the Holy Spirit, feed on the truth in the Word and surround yourself with the Light of the World, Jesus Christ.
Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment