Sunday, July 15, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 233

Today my neice is getting baptized. I was thinking about making a scrapbook page and thought of how the family and church are to be a support and guide in the life of the child being baptized so that one day that child when he/she is grown will choose to accept Jesus into their hearts. I thought of the scripture about keeping the Word on our lips and writing the law on our doorframes. Our lives should have the Lord stamped all over it from the words we say, the things we do to the values we show. God calls us to teach our children about him and the truth of the gospel. I am going to take a notebook to the baptism and ask everyone to write some piece of spiritual wisdom in their own words that they can share with my neice. I am going to take these nuggets of wisdom and make a scrapbook layout with them so my neice will have a piece of the body of Christ that will hopefully be a source of strength, hope and guidance in her life. I will frame it to go on the wall so she can see it everyday of her life. Thank you Lord for our children and help us to bring the truth to them in all ways so when they are grown they will choose you. Amen and Amen.
Dueteronomy 6: 5-9 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your sould and with all your stength. These commandments that I give you today re to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment