Saturday, July 21, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 239

I have been praying all week for the safety and health of the teens and adults away on a mission trip to Arkansas, including my son. I have also prayed that they would grow in their faith and see the Lord working in them and through them. They have a blog for the youth missions in the church so I went to read through it and found out that on the second day out there as they were driving in the vans somewhere, they came across a couple of sheriff deputies on the side of the road. They pulled over to see if they needed any help. It turns out, that a car had gone off the road and was down in a ditch and the man inside was trapped. All the adults got out of the van and as the teens watched and prayed, they together lifted the car up to get the injured man out. That evening they had a very powerful and moving discussion with the teens about what happened. One adult wrote that this one event was worth the whole mission trip. I am praising God for this experience that the mission group went through and am looking forward to hearing more about it in my son's own words.
John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment