Saturday, July 14, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 232

An example of how good can come from not good happened in my life this week. You always think of the big things like the people who lost their homes recently here in town or a person who is killed unexpectedly but good comes out of the lesser thought of experiences too. My shoulders were hurting especially bad one night this week and I came home to a kitchen that was full of dirty pots and pans and all the stuff that needs to be hand-washed. I have struggled with some of the pans that are heavy and just knew it was not a good idea to make my shoulders feel any worse than they did. My daughter was seeking a job so she could earn money for a quick trip to Walmart I needed to make for toothpast and laudry detergent. This is a perfect time to teach her how to wash the dishes. She ended up loving it and was very happy to do it and help mom and understood that she would be paid this one-time for it but the future was yet to be determined. Chores are just that but when you can teach your children about them and they are excited about it and end up loving it than the pain I had to bare for that to happen was worth it. Thank you Lord for this little example in my own life of how you work out the bad things to bring about good things. That brings me hope to keep me strong as I deal with the pain in my shoulders. Can you think of something in your own life where something good came out of something not good? I would love to hear about it.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment