Tuesday, July 30, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 239


Remember the old Burger King marketing motto, “have it your way”? It seems like we always want things to be “our” way and that includes how we want God to be. We want Him to fit into our lives rather than us realizing that He IS our life. God is so much bigger than the few moments I manage to pray or the little bit of time I take to read His Word. Do you think Jesus’ prayer time when he went off alone was the only time He was actively engaging with God? I don’t think so. He lived and breathed everything God. The Kingdom of God was His passion. He knew and lived like God was Everything. It wasn’t His way it was the Only way. Knowing God, He knew that everything He was and everything he did was a reflection of the love of His Father. So, He loved just as God loves us. I am reminded of the great song by Colton Dixon called You Are. The words go like this… You are, You are the song I’m singing…You Are, You Are the air I’m breathing… You Are. There isn’t anything that God isn’t. He is all of it, everything, the whole shhhbang. Lord, you are my everything. Help me to feel you in me, through me, around me and everywhere and live and love like I know it. Amen.

Acts 17:24 The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment