Tuesday, July 23, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 232


As the offering plate went around at church on Sunday, I debated in my head if I should quickly reach down and possibly hold up the offering plate so I could put in my money. I had a vision of taking out my wallet and dumping all the money I had in the offering plate in a grand display in front of the little girl sitting next to me to show her how we should give. But I did nothing but passed the plate along and wondered why. I talked to my hubbie about it after church. He is an usher now and told me that there are plenty of people scrambling to get a check written or their money out before the offering plate gets to them. This made me realize how totally unprepared I am to come into church to worship. I can’t tell how many times the offering plate has gone by me without my contribution because of my lack of forethought. Maybe it is me wanting to keep some control over my cash flow and maybe it is me trying to justify how I have given in other ways or to other places. In any case, I am not ready for it and it makes me wonder how ready am I to worship, truly worship? Holy Spirit, lead me in preparing my body, soul and spirit to give all I have to the Lord.

John 4:24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment