Sunday, July 28, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 237


How often have people put on other requirements to be saved? My first thought in reading chapter 15 of Acts was ‘why does this matter to me, I am not Jewish nor ever was. But letting this Word from God stew in my mind all day, God showed me that it does matter because tho it isn’t circumcision there is always something that Satan will use to make us think the cross and Jesus aren’t enough, that we can’t possibly be worthy. No we are not and never can be without the grace of Jesus covering our sin and making us holy like him so we can be in God’s presence. Our own minds and thoughts can lead us towards the wrong path, the one where we are trying too hard to save ourselves. So what do we do? We acknowledge Jesus as our savior, ask God for forgiveness and thank Him for being saved through Jesus Christ.

Father, forgive me for thinking I can do whatever it takes to be in your presence. Thank you for the gift of Jesus and taking the burden from me. I am saved by grace…by grace alone. Amen.

Acts 15:9-11 He made no distinction between us and them for he purified their heart by faith. Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment