Wednesday, July 24, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 233


I know I am not the only one that has read something somewhere and read it again sometime and it was like reading it for the first time. I read about that it was in Antioch that the disciples were first called Christians. Interesting? I want to know more… so I read the sidebar section in my bible and found that Christian means those that belong to Christ. I felt all at once a sense of comfort, joy and peace. Belonging is something that many of us need. I know it is within my temperament needs to feel accepted and that I belong. We belong to Jesus. He is the shepherd and we are His sheep. I saw a tree and thought it is like we are the leaves. Leaves don’t belong on a fence or a stop sign or in drain pipe. They belong on a tree. Can you come up with your own simile? Belonging to Jesus is like…?
Acts 11:26 The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch

No comments:

Post a Comment