Wednesday, July 3, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 219

Yesterday was the last day of work for our operations manager so I brought her a little homemade gift and a card. My department has been through a lot of negative stuff and a lot of that was put on our office manager for lack of communication, etc. But despite the negative stuff, I felt gratefulness towards her for believing in me and inspiring my confidence over the last 4 years. The card was received with some looks from my fellow team mates but I kindly said to look past the negative and sign the card. Later in the day in the break room, our operations manager came over and gave me an impromptu hug. It was surprising to me but than I realized she must have gotten the card and read what I said. Speaking these kinds of words can be tough especially with someone with whom you only have a working relationship with but the written word is always a good back-up to let someone know you appreciate them. It was good see her go on a positive note.
1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment