Sunday, July 21, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 230


My computer was being upgraded yesterday so excuse me for missing yesterday. I am thrilled with the new stuff on my computer though!

Last night I watched the last ten minutes of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs with my daughter. We had seen it in the movie theater but much like reading the bible when you watch a movie again you see parts you missed the first time. The father of the hero in the movie has trouble expressing his love to his son. He tries to get words out in front of a crowd of people and is stumbling and stuttering but miraculously the leading lady takes a device that is on Steve, the monkey and puts it onto the father and immediately his voice comes through the device and he shares what is in his heart to his son. I found this especially beautiful because it is a great example of the weakness found in certain temperaments and how the Holy Spirit can be that miraculous device that enables us to express our love and our need for love. I am always amazed by God and how he works. His power can drive out the fear that keeps us from love.

1John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment