Friday, July 19, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 229



In reading the seventh chapter in Acts, I was questioning along my reading why was Stephen reiterating the history of the Jews but as I read further I realized that within this history is the pattern of rejection and rebelliousness they had towards God. He was boldly attempting to show them that they were continuing with that pattern with how they rejected Jesus and how they are rejecting the apostles who are now speaking in His name. There can be truth spoken to us through our past history. I know my own testimony in coming to know the truth was through accepting the sins of my past as sins so that I could lay them at the cross. We continue that pattern set by the Hebrews of rejecting God and rebelling against Him. That first thing that needs to be conquered is this history. We have to recognize and accept that we have indeed been rejecting God and rebelling against Him. Not many of us will be boldly told to look at our past history to see the error of our ways but the truth will set you free. How can we be boldly share with others the truth that is shown in each of our own histories? Through the Holy Spirit…Stephen was filled with it and we can be too.
Acts 7: 55-56 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God. 

Have a Friday filled with boldness and the Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment