Friday, July 26, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 235


Listening is a skill that is essential for success in life and for your relationship with anyone including God. I have heard the complaints at my job about various people’s lack of listening skills.  This complaining stems from not feeling validated or recognized because you aren’t being listened to. Anger comes into play especially if this non-listening is on-going. I dealt with my own angry feelings about the email issue I am having a work that has been very disruptive, taking time away from my productivity and basically driving nuts. I finally thought I need to address this issue with the right people so I put together an email and sent it off. Before the end of the day, I was told it was to be worked on and the next day found it to be true that it is being worked on. It feels good to have been listened to. In reading from chapter 13 in Acts, Paul describes how the rulers and the people didn’t recognize Jesus as the Messiah even though they heard the readings from the prophets every Sabbath. They probably knew the prophets and their prophecies forward and backward in their heads but somewhere along the line those words from the prophets never got into their hearts. You really have to use your heart to truly be listening to what God has to say to you. You can read the bible day in and day out but if your heart isn’t hearing it, it goes nowhere, no growth is happening and no fruit is blossoming. I know that I am guilty of this. Everyone can have bad days when your heart just isn’t into it. Maybe you aren’t feeling well or you are preoccupied with some life issue or task that needs to be done. We have to ask God to forgive us and pray for the Holy Spirit to help us hear with our hearts. Lord, forgive me for my lack of focus, my distracted way of being with you in your Word that does not bring forth the fruit you would like to see with. Help me to find the time and place that will be the best to have that focus and give myself to you completely. With you all things are possible. Amen.

Acts:13:27 The people of Jerusalem and their rulers did not recognize Jesus, yet in condemning him they fulfilled the words of the prophets that are read every Sabbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment