Wednesday, June 5, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 191

I was in quick work mode yesterday as I had again to process the mail which ended up taking me all day long. By mid-afternoon, my shoulder was starting to ache from the repetitive motion. I leaned over my chair to pick up an envelope that had dropped to the floor and my long necklace caught on my chair arm and ripped apart. I blew like a volcano that was stewing for a long time. I managed to keep my tongue and just stormed off to the water cooler to get some cold water into me to cool me down. I had peacefully taken the task of doing the mail again even though my own work is now behind 4 days but the necklace was personal. I was angry and everyone knew it. But one of my co-workers thoughtfully came over to my desk and said she repairs jewelry because she has a lot of the tools from her musical days so she took a look at the necklace. It is going to need a sodering iron to fuse the piece together that broke apart which she doesn’t have. It humbled me that she reached out to help me. I know it is just a cheap necklace but I really liked it. I think the mail aspect is what I was really angry about because it put me so much more behind. But I am only one person and do the best I can so I need to leave it at that. Lord, may your peace be within me all this day and all the days to come.
2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment