Friday, June 14, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 200

We were all packed and ready to go if we get the notice that our area is under mandatory evacuation so I went to work yesterday. It wasn’t until the afternoon that the mandatory evacuations area drew closer to my home and than I heard about the deaths and the number of homes burned(360) You hear about these kinds of disasters as history but to actually be a part of it gives you a whole new perspective. I ended up in slightly freaking out mode not because of my home and the possibility of it going up in flames but being separated from my family. I had to stop and pray and than go get some tea and call my mom. The evacuations I was told by my hubbie have created a massive block on the highway home so I planned to stop at a drive-thru for dinner and eat on the way home not knowing how long it would take me. But God was so kind and my ride home wasn’t even like regular rush hour traffic. It was like early Saturday morning traffic. It was almost eerie but I was so thankful to God to get home quickly. It is horrifying to think of the two people who didn’t make it out. Their garage door was open along with the car doors and the fire apparently trapped them in and they couldn’t get out. It is hard to imagine and I pray they were believers and are now in their glorious home of Heaven. We are not alone. In the midst of all this tragic loss, God is here and is shedding tears for us.
John 16:33 In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment