Saturday, June 15, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 201

Habits can hard to break especially if you have done these things since you were a little. There are the typical bad habits that we can all think of like smoking and drinking which we know are addictions but there are also the more subtle bad habits that aren’t physical addictions but emotional addictions. My biggest bad habit is dessert. It is something I expect to have in the evening whether it’s a simple bowl of ice cream or more elaborate dessert creation. I have a mind-set on dessert. If there isn’t any dessert then I will find something else to eat. I would like to say I am fully led by the Spirit but I know that I am not. My evenings are my danger zone time when I let go of the Spirit and go back to my old ways. I will have to be more mindful of this and prepare and pray so that with the Spirit’s help I can overcome this bad habit. Bad habits can be broken because anything is possible with God.
Romans 8:13-14 For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment