Thursday, June 13, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 199

I think I may have admitted this before but here goes again, I watch The Bachelorette. It is really the psychological aspects of it that draw me. In this last episode, my heart was breaking for this one man who broke down into tears because he was reminded about the hurt and rejection he felt of all the men in his single mom’s life who came and went away. This same man later decides to tell the bachelorette that he is falling in love with her. So it is only episode #2 and I am pretty sure he thought telling her this would help him stay. I couldn’t possibly guess what his temperament is but from my studies I know there is a temperament who is so fearful of rejection they will do and say whatever they perceive as necessary to get the love and affection they are needing. I wanted to climb into my television to be face to face with this man and tell him that he is loved by the one and only awesome God of the universe but a prayer is all I could do. May this man and all who fear rejection and only want to be loved be led to the One whose love is never ending, never failing and will comfort the hurts and replace the fears with peace.

Psalm 147:3  He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment