Thursday, June 20, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 206

Yesterday I played hookie from work to attend an all day class on basic pistol training. We were off early in the morning to get my daughter to her camp and down to the Honda dealership to drop off one of our cars for a maintenance service. So, the plan was to go to McDonald’s for breakfast and do Burger King by the class for lunch. I was ready for sacrificing the hash browns at McDonald’s but was completely thrown off by the donuts at the class. Yep, I failed miserably. I keep thinking of a song that says, “your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me.” I am so thankful to God for this unfailing, never-ending love he gives to me. He won’t give up on me and with his help I won’t give up on growing and being able to glorify and love him by my actions.
This scripture about David giving counsel to his son Solomon really speaks to us about our own temple.
1Chronicles 28:20 David also said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment