Sunday, June 23, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 209

I was able to get a quilt for my bed yesterday at Khol’s on sale 50% off. It was an exciting moment to see my bed looking so nice. We have been a two-comforter bed for the length of our marriage which is plus 17 years but the heat lately was making me think it was time to do something with our bedding situation and my comforter is falling apart. Of course, I need a new sheet set and still need to get curtains for our bedroom to block out that morning light but I have learned to be content with what I have and enjoy all the blessings that God has already given me. I think this piece by piece putting together aspect of my bedroom is much like how people are put together. There are different areas that we have to develop. We have our soul which I will call the bedroom windows. We have our bed which I will call our physical body and we have the atmosphere within the room which we develop by the colors, light and décor used. The atmosphere is our spirit. All three aspects of our bedroom need to be developed. I may not get to the final perfect bedroom but I focus on the goal and I enjoy the process of shopping for décor, making the bed with a new quilt, envisioning the windows covered with drapes and so on. How content are you with your life? Don’t focus on what is missing. Focus on what you have and keep your eye on the Lord and what is to come and the fruit of joy will fill you.
Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God as said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment