Thursday, June 6, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 192

Each day this week, my husband has taken my 16-year-old son out on a driving adventure. My son is in his last 10 hours needed before he can go and get his driver’s license. So my husband has asked him to locate a specific place and drive there. Each day they have encountered unexpected things which great because my son has the benefit of having an experienced driver in the car with him when these things happen. The first unexpected happening was as they were exiting our highway exit to head home, they came upon a motorcycle accident that just happened with two people. So, they had to stop, call 911 and wait for someone to arrive. Thankfully, the two were not seriously hurt. The second happening was a little less dramatic but still a valuable lesson; a thunder storm came over them and started dumping rain on them so my son learned the lesson of not panicking while trying to see out the window and turn on your wiper blades at the same time. The third unexpected lesson was not as urgent or frightening as the first two: They came to their destination which was on a two-lane road and discovered it was closed and they could not pull in. So, he learned how to find his way back the direction home. I think my husband plans on taking him to our downtown where there are way too many one-way streets. That should be an experience. By day three of these driving adventure stories, I finally had to get up and give my husband a big hug and praise him for the time he is taking to teach my son about driving. I think most of us got a one trip to the parking lot kind of deal so I am impressed with my husband and the gift he is giving my son. Praises to him and to God for bringing those unexpected lessons into the mix!!
Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment