Thursday, March 28, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 122

My daughter got a Janome sewing machine for her birthday along with a pattern to make several stuffed animals. We went to the fabric store and she picked out the fabrics and got a couple more patterns since they were on sale. We spent the afternoon of her birthday working together to de-code the instructions, cut out the pattern and start the sewing. We got to the ear part and started having issues with the instructions and with the machine. I think I finally figured out how the ears were to go on with a little help from my objective husband but the machine kept getting stuck. I searched the troubleshooting section and tried re-threading, etc. but nothing was working. I finally had to cave into the frustration and told my daughter I would have to research the machine on-line and see what I could find out. I didn’t find out anything. Ugh. So, yesterday after work I took the machine back to the store I bought it at and asked the first lady who was going to help me but she didn’t know anything about the machine. She asked another lady who was cutting fabric for a man in a wheel chair and his wife but she didn’t know anything. The man in the wheel chair says “I have that same machine and it gave me 2 weeks of frustration when I first got it but I have had it for over a year and I love it.” I hurried over to him and he proceeded to show me some tips about the machine and told me the problem lies in the bobbin placement. He showed me how to do it and patiently let me do it myself afterwards just to make sure I got it right. The kindness of this stranger has stayed with me. It turns out another lady in the store over-heard us and said she had the same machine and put it aside because she couldn’t figure it out and hearing all the man said she would pull it back out and give it another try. This man’s kindness spread beyond just to me. Even the manager of the store was super thankful to this man because they were busy at this time and she didn’t have the time to help me. This man’s act of kindness to a total stranger was such a wonderful example of how we are to help and serve others. I will never forget this experience and will pray that God bless this man and his wife.
2Peter 1: 5-8 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, persevereance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment