Sunday, March 17, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 111

We were watching part 2 of The Bible mini series last night. One of the main sections was about Samson. It threw me and my daughter off with how it started and some of the details. We were just going by the children’s story version we were used to reading. So, this morning I read the chapters about Samson and found out the whole truth. The mini series is taking some liberties due to the time constraints I am sure but it was interesting to read the whole truth with the parts the mini series left out. It really just goes to show that anything you read or watch about the Bible has to be sifted through the real truth in the Bible to ascertain how true to the story they managed to stay. I know that the intent of this mini series is to give non-believers a taste of the truth enough that they will want to get into the Bible themselves and discover the truth and be led to salvation. I pray that this mini series will indeed do that even if just one more is saved, it would be worth it.
Judges 16:30  Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!”  Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment