Tuesday, March 19, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 113

At work yesterday, I found myself contemplating the actions of some of my co-workers. Again, they talked negatively about another co-worker in the other part of our office. I had to admit that I have been guilty of this in the past but hearing it come from others on a regular basis has made me realize that this is a sin that I am to work on but also that I have to shine the light of the truth on this to those at my work who are doing it. I thought of something my mom had always said which probably many moms out there have said, If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” The sinful part of us will put down others. I remember as a teenager doing some people watching with friends at the mall and just giggling with our judgmental negative comments about the people we saw. Who are we do judge anything? I would like to say it is a young thing and people grow out of it but it is not going to go away because you age. It will only be conquered when you have shined the light of the truth of God upon it and keep shinning that light upon it. So, I need to let go of fear of what others will think if I say something and stand up for not talking bad about people. Fear of rejection is a weakness within my temperament that I have to overcome. All things are possible with God.
Ephesians 4:29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment