Saturday, March 2, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 98

I am preparing to take my first exam for my class on Basic Christian counseling. I am finding it is always good to repeat viewing a dvd class as things said the first time may not have gone in because I was thinking about the previous thing said or writing something down. I love the “oh, I get it” feeling. One of the main points of Christian counseling is about salvation. Many people have a misguided perception of what it takes to have salvation. It is not something we earn. If I am a good person does not equal salvation. It is a gift from God that we willingly take into ourselves through the blood of Jesus Christ. Our choice to believe that Jesus is God’s one and only son and that this sinless son of God died on the cross and took the punishment for our sins and his blood covers our sins and makes us presentable to God is the only way we have salvation. The Holy Spirit is walking behind us all of our days and will cover the sins that we will do keeping us clean in the sight of God. Without this belief, you will find yourself drawn down a darkened path that only leads to destruction. God will never leave or forsake us. His goodness will follow us all the days of our lives and keep us cleansed of our sins.
Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment