Friday, March 22, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 115

This is getting out late because of the time crunch this morning had with needing to leave by 6:30 for work today so I could leave early to be at the parent-teacher conference. Low and behold a crash on the highway prevented me from being able to be there at our appointed time. I had planned on getting in my bible and writing on my blog this morning but my daughter came down from her bedroom with a strange look on her face. She came up to me and we hugged like we always do. She was shaking with fear! What happened? Was it a scary dream? She was unable to speak. I led her upstairs to her room and with lots of hugs, caresses and soothing talk, I got her to finally calm down enough that she could tell me what was going on. Apparently, she had read a scary book at school about a wax museum and the wax man becomes headless. Yeah, that is a little bit too close to real for comfort for a child’s mind that is not capable yet of abstract thinking. We talked and shared ways we can combat this problem. 1. No reading scary books! 2. Use a white erase board in your dream and wipe away the scary stuff. 3. Pray to the Lord for conquering our fears. 4. Talk about your fears with Mom, Dad or brother. Our fears are part of who we are, of who God created. We were created this way so that we would look to God. When we fully trust in him, those fears will be conquered.
Psalm 91:4-5 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment