Wednesday, March 20, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 114

Through my Bible concordance and the leading of the Holy Spirit, I came to read this scripture David wrote. He wrote this after he was confronted by the prophet Nathan for his sin of adultery with Bathsheba. Rather than excuse his sin or try to cover it up, he bared his soul and asked God for his help and mercy. Though are sins are cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ, we too must confess them to God and ask him to help us overcome and renew our spirits. The word in this scripture steadfast had me going, “huh?” I found steadfast to mean firmly fixed, unchanging, steady, resolute, established and unwavering. In our world, we are surrounded by sin and evil that can distract us and turn us away from God even if it is just a moment. Steadfastness is something we need to be praying for everyday. David’s Psalm gives the perfect words for this prayer. This is one to put to memory.
Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment