Wednesday, March 27, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 121

My heart was angry yesterday at the words of my co-workers who told me of what happened on Monday when I was out. Micro-managed doesn’t even fully describe it. Being managed in such a way, with only negative comments is very degrading to a person. They have no trust in us and our work. All of us are busting our butts doing the best we can with what we are given. They made it even worse by condemning our team lead saying she doesn’t even know what her team is doing. No, she trusts that we know our job and can see that we are working away all day long. I had to call on the Holy Spirit to hold my tongue and just respond with gentleness and kindness with what happened to my co-worker and team lead. Something went down last week with the same co-worker and team lead through an email. They responded saying they wished to discuss the issue. Our office manager didn’t respond so they are really upset about the so-called open door policy that is not showing. All I can do is encourage them to communicate with her without anger whether it is in an email or catching her in the hallway. You can’t put someone down and not let them defend themselves. I find this all very disconcerting because of the injustice of it. It is only with the Holy Spirit’s guidance I can navigate this in a way that will bring glory to God.
1Corinthians 2:14-16 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man’s judgment: “For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment