Tuesday, March 26, 2013

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 120

Food is definitely a weakness of mine. I love to eat and my body is geared towards being a snacker but the scale has gone up and up and it is time to make it go back down, down. Self-control is not easy but I do find that if I have something to focus on that it helps. After seeing Jesus forgo the temptations that Satan had put to him in the desert on the mini-series, The Bible, I started thinking about the scripture “man cannot live on bread alone”. It has helped me to stop and think about the food I desire to eat and make a better, wiser decision. The Holy Spirit is working in me to help me control my out-of-control eating one day at a time.
Matthew 4:4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment