Friday, November 30, 2012

356 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 6

I keep hearing this song in my head. I am not even sure who sings it. The words go like this: I wanna live like that and give it all I have, recklessly abandoned, never holding back. I wanna live like that. The phrase recklessly abandoned and never holding back are really the parts that stand out and are speaking to me. It makes me think of being in church and seeing just a couple of people in the whole congregation lifting their hands to God during a song. I don’t necessarily think that lifting your hands or dancing as David does in the bible is the only way of letting go and just loving God and worshipping him but I wonder if all these other people are really letting go and not holding back. I know I have had my days in worship that I am not really all there.  Presbyterians are naturally just very conservative people. But is our tendency to be conservative holding us back from truly loving and worshipping God in a no-holding-back kind of way. There may be other areas where you hold back; maybe at your workplace or with a certain group of people? This is an area I will be praying about in the days to come.
Almighty God, I know I love you in my head but help me to love you with all my heart and soul so much so that I am not holding back; that I am shinning your love out of me to all those around me. In your precious name, Amen.
2 Samuel 6:14  And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

No comments:

Post a Comment