Saturday, December 1, 2012

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 7

You know the phrase “love is blind”?  This phrase came to my mind early this morning as I was tossing around in bed trying to go back to sleep and catch a few more zzz’s.  But my brain had to think more on it, so here I am writing about it rather than sleeping in.  This “love is blind” phrase refers to being so in love that you don’t see a person’s faults or differences. So does this phrase apply to loving God? I say, yes it does. Now God has no faults, he is perfect; so it is not a being blinded to this kind of thing but rather being blind in love towards God is letting go of all the unanswerable questions that the devil wants to plague you with that will make you question God and his love.  So if we are truly filled with love from the Holy Spirit, we should be “blind” to these unanswerable questions and love God with faith. So if those questions have been coming to your mind; the why would God…questions, than it is time to pray and focus on love and faith asking for the Holy Spirit to fill you up so much so that those questions don’t matter. 

Father, I am sorry that questions about who you are and what you do put a wedge between us.  Your love for me is without question. You love me no matter what. You have a blind-faith kind of love for me. I want to have that kind of love for you.  Holy Spirit, fill me up with such love that all the unanswerable questions are banished from my mind and only love for my awesome God is throughout me body, soul and spirit. With you all things are possible. Amen.

Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment