Friday, December 21, 2012

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 27

Wednesday I was in a grumpy mood. The physical therapy from the night before was doing a number on me in not just the surgery area but the rest of my shoulder and arms. I got a burning sensation that wouldn’t go away. And to make matters worse, I had a hot flash during the day that left me feeling more awful. I was ready to just take some medication, go to bed and pray that when I woke up it would be better. My daughter who is always so full of joy is extra enthusiastic with the approach of Christmas coming and I was starting to be cross with her about something but I managed to stop myself and went over and gave her a big hug and told her that I was really grumpy and I wanted to give her some love now before the “grumpies” took over. They didn’t take over! She hugged me right back and wouldn’t let go and said her own words of encouragement to me. Love conquered the “grumpies”! So when you feel like yelling at someone, or getting in someone’s face, or frustrated with someone, I hope and pray you can do like I did the other night and stop yourself and give some love instead. It really is an experience that you will be completely blessed by. You will have the concrete evidence in your own life that love conquers all.
Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment