Thursday, December 13, 2012

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 19

My focus today is on verse 7 in 1 Corinthians 13: It (love) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. These aspects of love are by far the most challenging. The word, “always” makes this the challenging part. I think when it comes to protection, keeping my kids safe has been a top priority but that is in the physical sense. Have I kept them safe from emotional strife and helped build a solid faith foundation in them so they are protected spiritually? I know I have tried but consistency is tough. Always trusting is a fairly easy one for me because it is in my nature to be trusting but have there been times where the trust is lacking even a little, absolutely. I wish I could say that I am always hopeful but even my hopes can be drowned out or covered with the dirt of day to day living and the depression and negativity that can bring. Persevering means never giving up but I think all of us have experienced those moments when you just want to lay down and sleep your life away rather than face the challenges you are in. Can we be protective, trusting, hopeful and persevere no matter what? We can do all things with the Holy Spirit inside us.  How can we manage to get the “always” to be in front of these? Try swapping “it” (love) with your name or “I”. Janine (I) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres thanks to the Holy Spirit inside of her (me). Amen! Post it and say it everyday and you will find yourself living out the “always” parts of love.
Psalm 91:1 The person who rests in the shadow of the Most High God will be kept safe by the Mighty One.

No comments:

Post a Comment