Friday, December 28, 2012

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 34

This scripture in Psalms reminds me of how I have managed to have some self-control over the cookies, candies and rich foods of the past month. I think I have finally managed to find my sweet spot. No pun intended. It’s that place where you can have your fats and sweets in the right amount of quantities that won’t make the scale go up and your attitude go down. I can sing with joy and be glad that the Lord has helped me overcome the eating enemy. God didn’t intend for us to not be able to partake of these food treasures but he doesn’t want us worshipping them either. I know my focus being more on the Lord thanks to doing this blog among other things has definitely been the help I needed to overcome the sweet tooth. Now I will have to pass on this blessing and joy to my daughter who has gigantic sweet tooth. Not sure how to go about helping her overcome her sweet tooth but I am sure the Lord will guide me and I know the first and foremost thing will be to take it to Him in prayer.
Psalms 63:5-7 My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment