Monday, December 31, 2012

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 37

So Saturday evening family is gathered together and after playing one long round of Uno Attack that ended joyfully rejoicing over the winner because we were all glad to be done with it, we pulled out the new Apples to Apples-Bible Version to play. There was immediate thinking that I would win it and just an all-around negativity. I chose to let go of the negative comments and just kept encouraging. So we start playing and those initial attitudes start to crumble as they begin to see its not about who knows the most in the bible. The highlight of the game and what made the whole experience worth it was when my son who was being complimented about being pretty and agreed that he was. Now,  its cousin’s turn to be the “judge” in the game and he selects a card from the middle of the deck and the word is “pretty”.  Cousin is freaked out about it and my son is laughing so hard he cries. I am pointing upward claiming that was God and everyone agreed and than my son says, “this is not turning out as I expected”. The game took on more meaning when one of the cards that my mother-in-law puts down to play with “pretty” is “Ruth”. This name happens to be the name of my grandmother-in-law, Mom-Mom who passed away several years ago from Parkinson’s and her birthday was just the day before. My aunt-in-law ends up in a discussion with my daughter about it because her middle name is Ruth which was chosen for Mom-Mom.  My aunt-in-law ends up emotionally telling us of what happened to her after Mom-Mom died. She says she was preparing herself to go to the funeral when she entered her bathroom and there in the middle of the floor was a large white feather. There are no feathery things in her house and she was amazed to see such a thing lying there and knew it was from Mom-mom. She put it with some of the cards she had been receiving and when she later went to look at it, the feather was gone.  So although there was some initial hostility about playing this game, it turned out to be a wonderful experience and hopefully got some of them thinking about God.
Psalm 119: 161-162 Rulers attack me without any reason. But my heart trembles because of your word. I’m filled with joy because of your promise. It’s like finding a great fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment