Thursday, December 6, 2012

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge

This will be a short one since my shoulder surgery was yesterday and I have only one hand to use. The next word I am looking into in the scripture 1Corinthians 13:4-13 is envy. In looking through some definitions of envy on google, I realized that this sin can manifest itself like the green-eyed monster but can also be so subtle you don’t realize what you are feeling is a sin. I had struggled with this with my envy of other women and there ability to communicate well in a social situation. The insecurities of my slower auditory thought processing had me wishing I could process what I am hearing quicker so I could keep up with the conversation going on. I was thinking only of myself and my issues instead being other-thinking. This last year doing this blog and the praises challenge had me in God’s Word everyday. With His help, I have conquered this sin and come to a place of peace and contentment of who God created in me. The Holy Spirit has given me the wisdom I needed to understand this subtle sin and wash it away. Does it creep back in me? Yes, because the evil one will do anything and everything to draw you away from God. So, let us pray.
Holy One, We are so thankful for the guidance you give. Help us today to find the wisdom we need in your Word or through our prayers to discern the subtle sins that the devil tries to get into us. Help us today to conquer the sin of envy and be at peace with who you created us to be.

Exodus 20:17
“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.”

No comments:

Post a Comment