Monday, December 17, 2012

365 Days of Spirit-Filled Fruits Challenge-Day 23

I spoke a bit with a co-worker who called me yesterday to ask about how to do something for which she has been given the task to do at work. She, like I think most of us at work, is struggling with the negativity she feels towards our boss and the culture from which he is from which is so different from ours. I told her that I struggled with it too and looked to God’s word and was reminded that God loves all of us and Jesus calls us to love not just the easy to love but the hard to love. I have found that by simply praying for my boss that the negativity has diminished and I am remembering him more as a human being that God created. With my first day back to work today since being off for my shoulder surgery, I am going to start a daily prayer for my boss and other people I work for that trigger negative emotions and keep my focus on what Jesus calls us to do in loving all our neighbors. We don’t have to like what they do and say but we have to love them as God loves them and all of us.
Job 34:19 who shows no partiality to princes, nor regards the rich more than the poor, for they are all the work of his hands?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janine! I wanted to share what my mom does with each of her grandchildren. The week they are born, she prays for God to reveal a passage of the Bible and a spiritual trait for that specific grandchild. Then almost every time she sees them or writes them a letter, she encourages them with that trait. My children's traits are 1) Great man of God, 2) Bright light in a dark world, 3) Heart of gold, 4) Loved by God. For example, every time she is hugging the kids goodbye, she will say, "Titus, you are going to be a great man of God!" and the same for my other three kids. It is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete