Tuesday, November 13, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 354

Yesterday I did a large import of customers using our newest database with the modifications that have been made to it to help streamline the matching process. I was afraid that I would find issues importing a larger list of customers and I was right. It wasn’t a major problem but it was an annoying and time consuming issue which really defeats the purpose of the new modifications.  I am thankful that I sent my email to our operations manage last week with my concerns about going live with the new database and the fact the current new modifications were not going to give me any more substantial time to add more work.  They are gearing up to pass all the cancellation requests for all the other jurisdictions that the Irving office handles but I was frank in my email and made some suggestions as to the two pieces that really need to be worked on to bring in some automation that would save time. I got an email yesterday showing that my office manager actually read my email and took my concerns and suggestion seriously. She also let me get a bit off my chest last Thursday when my PMS was in full gear and the negativity was too much to bear.  The next day she bought our team lunch at Jason’s Deli to thank us for all our hard work and to sing our praises.  I have been guilty of judging her in negative ways but I think that like the rest of us she is doing the best she can under the circumstances. So, thank you Lord for being listened to and validated at my work place and forgive me for judging others in any way.
James 1:19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment