Tuesday, November 20, 2012

365 Days of Praise Challenge-Day 361

With the kids out of school for this whole week for Thanksgiving, I decided a couple weeks ago to go ahead and take my final vacation day on the 19th and take my daughter up to visit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. In looking over the website and prices, we came to a decision to go ahead and get a duo-membership for the two of us which would double the cost but get us into the museum free for a year and reduce the rate of the Imax and Planetarium shows. So, we arrive and there are cars and people heading into the museum everywhere. After a few minutes of trying to find a parking space, I began to wonder what was going on and thought oh no is this one of those free days. Yep, we walked in and found out it was a free day. Are you kidding me? Of 365 days in a year, I picked a free day and had already bought the membership! Okay, well I can say I immediately was okay with it as I realized no matter what we didn’t get to see or do with so many people being there that we would be able to come back anytime in the next year. By far the neatest was the show for the Planetarium on super volcanoes. My daughter and her friend who had never experienced a Planetarium show were oooh and aaahing and I proceeded to take a little nap. Another great moment was when my daughter looked over the railing down towards the bottom floors of the building and saw the T-Rex man on the escalator.  She said, "It's not everyday you see a dinosaur on an escalotor". We hurried down and got a photo with the T-Rex man. Thank you Lord for the blessing of being able to do something fun and interesting with my daughter on what would typically be a day of work, work, work.
Psalms 47:1 Clap your hands, all peoples! Shout to God with loud songs of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment